Sargento Foods Inc. is closely monitoring the situation and gathering as many information as possible prompted by the Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC Longhorn Colby cheese recall. The company notified Sargento Foods Inc. that a specialty Longhorn Colby cheese it supplied to Sargento must be recalled due to a potential contamination of Listeria monocytogenes, according to The Federalist Papers. The company said that no illnesses have been confirmed yet.
Here are the details…
The fastest way to find out if the Sargento cheese you have purchased has been recalled, is to use our “Search Product” tool. Enter the product’s UPC number, or the “Sell By” date. The UPC number is under the bar code on the back of your Sargento cheese package. The “Sell By” date is located on the front:
If your cheese is part of the recall, you will see a message at the top of the page that reads:
“Search Results for: … “
If you see this message please call us at 1-800-CHEESES (1-800-243-3737) so we can activate your reimbursement. You may also call us if you have any questions or concerns. Our phone lines are open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central Time).
The recalled retail products are:
- Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, with “Sell By” dates of “12APR17B” and “10MAY17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040041, with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “H12JUL17”
Out of an abundance of caution, Sargento also recalled the following products because they were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “F28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
The recalled cheeses were packaged at our Plymouth, Wis. facility. No other Sargento branded products have been affected by this recall.
The safety of our consumers and our employees is our top priority at Sargento and at the very heart of all we do.
FOLKS, PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE SO WE CAN SAVE THEM! THIS IS URGENT! SPREAD A WORD, IT CAN SAVE FAMILIES!