When it’s cold outside, there’s no better way to warm up, than with a steaming hot drink. But if you’re worried that a mug of rich hot chocolate or a sugary latte will take you off your diet, we’ve compiled these diet friendly beverages that are guaranteed to keep you snug, without packing on the calories, this winter.
Spicy Coconut and Almond Milk Tea
Nuts are one of the best foods you can have during winter as they boost metabolism. Almonds contain lots of healthy fats and fiber, and are low in calories, which is great if you’re trying to lose weight. Combined with spices, almonds help warm up the body and increase immunity levels as well.
Coconut milk contains anti-inflammatory and healing properties, a boon during that time of the year when joint and knee pains can get aggravated because of the cold weather.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric)
- ½ tsp ginger, ground
- ½ tsp dalchini (cinnamon)
- 1 black peppercorn
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, soaked for 4-6 hours
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chia seeds.
- Heat the mixture on the stove over a low flame. Do not boil; ensure the liquid becomes warm.
- Add the chia seeds to the warm tea and serve.
Calories: 170 kcal/serving